Churches in Tibet
A Protestant Church was established in Leh in 1885 by Moravian missionaries who came from Herrnhut in Saxony (eastern Germany).
Today, a part of Indian Himalayas, Leh was established by Tibetan princes and situated between Kashmir and Lhasa.
The church with some 200 Christians also runs the well known Moravian Mission School with one thousand students.
This is a rare depiction of story of Jesus Christ in a Tibetan mandala motif.